Facilitation of University Courses
Logistical and programme support including:
• Recruitment of local (Italian) partner institutions and faculty to provide guidance to international universities, leadership in field workshops and seminars and local expertise with guest lectures where appropriate.
• Housing for students and programme instructors for the duration of the programme. Student housing includes wi-fi, kitchen facilities for groups of 6 students and double accommodation rooms including shower/toilet.
• Transportation, including transfer to and from Peretola International Airport in Firenze and transportation during the programme (public transportation, rental vehicle or both) for programmed field excursions.
• Food is provided to students as self catered, using the kitchen facilities provided for students and encouraging local, seasonal consumption from the village markets adjacent to the estate or the market garden on the estate. Group meals can be provided in the enoteca and bagged lunches can also be arranged for field excursions.
• Classroom and office space where lectures, seminars, workshops and other programme activities can occur. Castello Sonnino also offers office space where programme instructors can complete administrative work.
• Internships can be arranged through direct employment at the estate in its working winery, vineyard, olive orchard, enoteca, market garden and historical archive and library or through SIEC’s network of community contacts.
• Pastoral care and safety management will be provided to students in a medical emergency during their lodging. Transport to hospital will be available and someone on staff will have first aid/CPR training.
VISITING PROFESSORS AND RESEARCHERS
DONNA M. SENESE